Wednesday, February 13, 2008

12 0f 100

Just a short paddle today; the sun finally broke through the clouds and intermittent rain about 2:30 this afternoon. So Paula grabbed her inflatable and headed out into the bay, followed by me about a half hour later. By then Paula had come back in–the intensity of the wind wasn’t immediately evident from the house. The wind made for a steady physical paddle out to where the bay opens into Baynes channel. Then I turned back and took my time coming back in–checking out the sailboats along the way.
The hour long paddle also gave me the chance to try out my new Kavu Chillba hat. I’m not sure how suitable it is for the winter–any breeze whips up under the brim and cools your head. But the combination of the headband and chinstrap did keep the lid on. So a short paddle but an enjoyable one for a February day.

No comments:

Post a Comment