Sunday, September 03, 2006

Telegraph Bay

Ah, the last long weekend of summer! And the smallest paddle group yet, just me and Louise.
IMGP1469

We put in at Telegraph Bay and headed out!
IMGP1471

Yes, Mr. Small Penis still has his helicopter. (Are the blades longer than last time...?)
IMGP1474

Hey, has Louise spotted a seal?
IMGP1476

She has. And there's another one! (And a third one popped up right beside my kayak and we each scared ourselves silly!)
IMGP1478

The seagulls were out in full force today.
IMGP1480

There's that cave we found last time we were here. We moved in for a closer look....
IMGP1483
...but as we moved in, I got distracted by what are known as The White Cliffs of Saanich.
IMGP1485
Actually, I made that up. But I was wondering why this patch of cliff was white.
I guess these cormorants like hanging out on this cliff. The white is bird poop.
IMGP1515

But I digress. Back to the cave.
IMGP1484

A lone seagull stood sentry as I moved in slowly.
IMGP1489

I made it in. It's actually not much of a cave, more like a very very small cove.
IMGP1495

The seagull is still watching.
IMGP1496

It was a fun little spot to explore.
IMGP1502
IMGP1498

Hey! Has Louise spotted two seals?
Poster Girl
She has!
IMGP1523
And a bunch of seagulls, too!
Keeping Watch

This guy was strange. He just stood there looking around with his mouth open like someone should feed him or something.
IMGP1534

Time to head back!
IMGP1535

My pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment