Sunday, May 22, 2011

Post-Rapture Coffee

I was underwhelmed with all the May 21 is the end of the world business. I woke up to discover that apparently Heaven looks just like the inside of his house, and that god bears a striking resemblance to one of my cats. And has the same lousy attitude.
Heaven to me is being on the water, but the closest we could manage today was a quick trip for Louise and I over to Paula and Bernie's to see the kayak they won last weekend at the 2011 Vancouver Island Paddlefest.
Paula was beaming with joy!
IMG_2506
It's strictly a kid's kayak -- heck, even Paula has trouble fitting in it -- and a good home will be found for it. After chatting with Paula, Louise and I joined her for a coffee. Strangely, Bernie was nowhere to be found. It was just like he had disappeared. I wonder if I should take this rapture business a little more seriously, although obviously if Bernie had made it into Heaven, a serious clerical error must have taken place.

And we bid farewell to our kayaking buddy Richard who is moving across the water to Vancouver. He's been a fun companion on the water and we will miss his goofy sense of humour, and his colourful metaphors. Hope Vancouver is ready for you! :)
2008-05-25 Saanich Inlet 188

No comments:

Post a Comment