Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Photoshop of the Week

This is Dr. Richard Kraft of Sitka, Alaska finding himself in the wrong place at the wrong time as a humpback whale surfaced right in front of his kayak. He reports (according to the viral email that I received):
Yep, that is me in the picture. Yep that is a whale that was just around the corner from the ferry terminal. "Paddle really fast" is the only thing I could think of at the time..
Also thinking that I don't look like a herring, don't smell like a herring but with the same herring instinct of "get the hell out of the way of that big mouth!!"
Still living to tell yet another story.
Wow, a helluva picture. But it's a fake.
Still, it's darn fine Photoshopping. Had me fooled for a moment, too.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, John for finding the original pic. I sent out this email after checking snopes.com and Googling it. I could not find any definitive answer as to if it was photoshopped or not! Great pic either way. Kathy P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the author of this image, I can suggest next time you want to know if a subject is superimposed onto an image above some water...LOOK FOR A 'REFLECTION' in the water! haha.

    My image was never meant to be circulated in this way.

    Tim Shobe
    www.shobestudios.com

    ReplyDelete