Sunday, December 16, 2007

An almost paddle

8:30 this morning, the waves looked quite interesting, but no, we decided to have our breakfast before paddling. But by 9:30 the waves had trebled in height. Still, not so bad, so Paula and I went back up to the house to get geared up and grab the Pamlico so I could indulge in some rough water practice. By the time we made it back to the beach, the waves had doubled again, until they were taller than me. That's a break point for me--waves over my head, maybe I shouldn't paddle. Still, walked out waist deep in them just to get a feel for them. It would have been a perfect day for rough water practice; large waves, sand beach, few rocks and an onshore wind so my bloated corpse wouldn't end up in Port Townsend. Ah well, maybe this afternoon....

No comments:

Post a Comment