Sunday, April 23, 2006

Cadboro Bay Episode II: Attack of the Clones

This was easily the best day weather-wise we've had so far this year. Bright, sunny and warm. We did have some blistery gusts on the water that raised some chop here and there but it was a sweet day paddling.
Here's Louise and my new boats. We wanted to start our shake-down cruise in our new boats in familiar waters so we returned to Cadboro Bay.
IMGP0196

Here's Louise just after the first launch...
IMGP0199

...and my obligatory self-portrait after I launched. Am I happy in this new boat or what?
Self Portrait

Paula still managed to stay ahead of me, though... at least for a moment.
IMGP0205

Dennis in his inflatable with the Olympic Mountains behind him.
IMGP0206

The fleet sets sail!
IMGP0207

Our new Delta's are just a dream to handle. Easily the fastest boats of our group on the water today, they cut through the water like a hot food utensil through dairy products.
We saw a few seals and geese (no good pictures of them, alas), and I am pretty sure a seal bumped my boat.
IMGP0210

If you look carefully in a tree above Paula's head, you'll see an eagle.
IMGP0214
Too small to see? Maybe this blow-up will help.
IMGP0214.0
Okay, how about another angle. Do you see it now?
IMGP0215

Here's me again. Woo hoo!
IMGP0222

These are very attractive boats. Birds like them particularly. Here's a crow getting ready to do some business on Louise's boat.
IMGP0225

And in one of those "I-wish-I-had-a-camera--oh-wait-I-do!" moments, here's a blimp flying over the city while I was driving home.
IMGP0232

My pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment