Sunday, June 27, 2010

Planning Two Beaver Lake outings

Hey, friends who like quiet lake paddle outings -- on two days this July I'll be hitting the water at Beaver Lake no later than 10:00 am to do a couple of hours of paddling before volunteering at the Nature Centre.
The first day is coming right up: Saturday July 3. The second day is Sunday (my usual day for volunteer naturalist time) July 25.
The idea is to have a relaxing lake paddle before opening the Elk/Beaver Lake Nature Centre, located at the Beaver Lake parking lot off Elk Lake Drive near the highway. With any luck, some turtles or eagles or herons will be seen, and I can check on the new blooming plants along the shoreline. Last month, there were big 20-pound carp splashing in all the prime fishing areas.

If you think you'll join me for a short quiet paddle, send me an e-mail or post a reply comment here, eh? I'll see you on the lakeshore about 9:30 to 9:45 am as I inflate my kayak. After kayking, at 11:45 am I unlock the Nature Centre. There I can make hot cocoa, tea, or instant coffee for anyone who paddles with me. The public restrooms and changerooms are now open for the summer and should be tidy enough to use... that's one of the things I report on as a volunteer naturalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment