Sunday, June 03, 2007

Red Tide in The Morning...

Since there's never enough pictures of me, I pointed my camera at me today. What a great action shot, eh?
Self-Portrait

I was joined by Louise, Tracy and Paula for a little paddle from Brentwood Bay into Saanich Inlet.
IMGP0455

We were also joined by an algae bloom.
IMGP0461

We thought it was red tide, but it turns out that it wasn't. Just a regular algae bloom. But it sure stank. As Louise said, it was like paddling through vomit.
Brentwood Bay on a Bad Day...

But we paddled on, and in many places the water was clear and blue....
IMGP0462

...while other places had a distinct pink tone to them.
IMGP0466

We headed down the Inlet and put ashore for a stretch at McKenzie Bight.
A stretch, a drink and a nibble and soon it's time to head back!
IMGP0476



My pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment